Earlier this month, the government introduced the Restart Grant Scheme to support businesses in reopening, once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Eligible non-essential retail businesses may be entitled to a one-off grant of up to £6,000
- Eligible businesses within the hospitality, leisure, accommodation, personal care and gym sectors may be entitled to a one-off grant of up to £18,000
To be eligible for the grant businesses must be:
- based in England
- in the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym sector
- trading on 1st April 2021
Businesses cannot receive funding if:
- they are in administration, insolvent or have been taken off the Companies House register
- the permitted subsidy allowance has been exceeded
Grants will be available from 1st April 2021 but applications can be submitted in advance.
Further information can be found on the government website.